HybridZ

Nissan Pulsar Seats

Nickanicus

Just thought I'd share another option for those looking for inexpensive seats. I got these out of the junkyard for 50$. Typical bracket fabrication required. They're manual, not too heavy, and pretty much the perfect size. I'll take some better photos later when I get the driver's side in and my good camera's batteries are charged...

ddb11a34.jpg

a1fa346c.jpg

e6b1320a.jpg

I did the same seat install in my 77. Let me know if you need any ideas on the bracket fab. My seats sit a little higher then I would like (plan on changing the brackets a little on the front to level them out). My biggest hurdle is that the aluminum pan that you sit in sits down so low you have to raise the seats a bit to get them to work right. They fit good and are pretty darn comfortable when installed though.

Thrustnut,

If you have any pictures or a little write up on your 77 280Z install of these seats please post it here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/88301-280z-seat-swap-list/

I am trying to keep a thread alive on 280Z seat installs that fit and how difficult it was dealing with the transmission tunnel hump on the 280Z's.

What year Pulsar? I will add it to the list after your comments.

Thanks,

Greg

I did the same seat install in my 77. Let me know if you need any ideas on the bracket fab. My seats sit a little higher then I would like (plan on changing the brackets a little on the front to level them out). My biggest hurdle is that the aluminum pan that you sit in sits down so low you have to raise the seats a bit to get them to work right. They fit good and are pretty darn comfortable when installed though.

Nick-

Nice looking seats -- they remind me of the late '80's Prelude seats, which are some of my all-time favorite OEM seats. Good luck with the rest of the install and be sure to post more pix of the final result!

John

• 2 weeks later...

Yay!

P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Bracket fabrication was a little more difficult on the drivers side. The inner track sits directly on that transmission tunnel hump, so you can imagine its tight. But yes, they do fit the car quite well, and for 50$/pair seats, I couldn't be happier.

Just for comparison, this is how I received the car:

z2.jpg

:rolleyes:

In addition to an alcoholic (I'm still finding beer bottle caps in that damn car), the previous owner was an idiot. Household carpet and some random seats with disgusting covers was his weapon of choice. As you can imagine, I'm pretty satisfied right now. :)

• 6 months later...