HybridZ

anyone using TunerStudio?

Nizm0Zed

Is anyone using the new tunerstudios software to tune?

what are people thinking about it?

I have it installed and it seemed to be great initially for setting up the basics, however i have come across issues with trying to calibrate sensors.

Just lately i have come back to the car after a week of sitting (you know, work and life ect ect) and at first it wont connect with the program.

Shortly after it tells me that there are conflicting settings that it cant handle, and throwing up error messages everywhere.

It seems that you need to have a degree in programming to understand how to make any changes at all.

Its at the point where i cant tune the motor, because i cant send info to the ecu and im about to 'massage' it with something heavy.

in that week period nothing at all has changed (except for a new keyboard)

Why would it suddenly crap out?

Im thinking that i should just use megatune.

Is it going to be the same story with megatune? do i require a degree in programming to make changes and actually understand how to do anything?

I can do mechanicals with my eyes shut, and i can learn how to do the pc stuff, but i have also had a play with a mates setup (Microtech on a wild 4cyl turbo) even the software for that is easy to use.

Simply put in the desired info, and it does it for you.

here is the error messages, incase anyone can give me some hints or tips on where to start with this damn thing.

configuration error: You have a configuration error!

this means there are conflicting settings and the controller does not know how to handle them

the controller message below should help to provide some guidance to the incorrect settings.

correct your settings then powercycle the megasquirt. you do not need to reload firmware to fix this problem.

controller message:

22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

(or alternate message)

Controller message:

mSnS-extra format 029q **************

I try and start again from scratch, EVERY single field is set with the value of -2147483648

I got that too when I tried to start a MS Extra project in TunerStudio with my existing TunerStudio 2.90 tune. What you have to do is start from scratch agian in a new project and manually enter in all the data. Also, have you updated to the new TunerStudio version? They had a few problems with previous versions and have worked most of them out.

But I love tuning with TunerStudio. I feel it is much more user friendly than MegaTune.

Edited by S130Z

• 2 weeks later...