HybridZ

Coilovers - Techno Toy vs. MSA

GodZilla

Hey guys,

Wondering what the big difference between the two setups are? The price difference is significant enough. How about the performance of the kit? Just a bit of a quick background of what I'm doing with my car. I'm installing an RB25DET and making it a daily driver for Spring/Summer and minimal track time. Front brakes and Chassis reinforcements have already been complete. Rear brakes and roll bar is next. Anyways, on to the coilovers below.

Techno Toy Tuning

Weld-On Coilover Kit - $399

gc_weld-on_01.jpg

and combined with Techno Toy Tuning weld in Camber Plates - $180

weld_in_cp_01.jpg

Z Store (Motor Sport Auto)- $969.95

large234123.jpg

Techno Toy Total - $579 + Shipping

MotorSport Auto - $969.95 + Shipping

Techno Toy uses the Ground Control springs while MSA uses Eibach springs.

Edited by GodZilla

The biggest difference is that the MSA kit uses bolt in camber "plates" (look to be the EMI version) and the camber plates from TTT are weld in units. The TTT plates are $180 per pair, meaning you need two sets ($360 for camber bringing the total cost to $789) if you want camber control via plates in the rear.

Also, the MSA kits use the two locking nuts on their threaded collars, and the TTT units use the single nuts that clamps, although there isn't really a functionality difference there.

Ground Control uses Ebiach in their kits, and it looks like the TTT units are the same as the GC units, so there really is no difference there.

In short, the TTT units are about $180 cheaper, but you'll have to cut your shock towers and do some welding to complete the install which means that there really isn't any going back to stock after that, which to some is a big deal. To others it isn't. I know I'll cutting mine for Dan's kit!

Another option would be to run without camber adjustment using modified stock insulators.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

Edited by cockerstar
  • Like 1

Hey Eddie

The posts above are correct Zstore ones are a direct bolt on and the Techno's are a weld on (with a *** name lol). The Techno's look money tho and might offer a more user friendly adjustment. At the end of the day the Techno's would cost more money due to fabrication costs but IMO would be a much better product.

I would use the TTT ones just because of the camber plate.

Phil

• Like 1

Hey Eddie

The posts above are correct Zstore ones are a direct bolt on and the Techno's are a weld on (with a *** name lol). The Techno's look money tho and might offer a more user friendly adjustment. At the end of the day the Techno's would cost more money due to fabrication costs but IMO would be a much better product.

I would use the TTT ones just because of the camber plate.

Phil

Yeah, my brother had the same setup (TTT) for his Datsun 510 and it wasn't all that difficult for his buddies to set it up.

There is always Modern Motorsports & Ground Control also. You can get Ground Control camber plates as well. I have the Modern Motorsports coilovers with Ground Control camber plates which many think are a slightly better design than the all the other weld-in kits for this car (Arizona Z, TTT, etc.)

Pair it with some illuminas in shortened struts, add some bump-steer spacers (roll center adjusters) and you should be good to go!

Remember that the BZ3012, 3013, 3015, and 3016 require machining of the upper shock mount to fit inside the camber plate monoball.