HybridZ

Seat belt inserts!?

sorealsosurreal

Has anyone heard of these or used these?

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/customseatbelttrimguidesforusewithracingstyleseatbelts.aspx

I'm getting my interior redone pretty soon finaly after 3 years. I came across these a while ago and thought they would be a great idea to incorporate to my car. I'll be able to run a 4pt harness (once I get a roll bar) and still use the OE seats. Seems like a cheap solution at $60 since I'm having the seats recovered until I can dish out the cash for some nice Recaros or something.

Let me know what you think!

A couple things to keep in mind:

1. Is the stock seat back strong enough to support a load coming through the top part of the seat (where those guides will mount)?

2. How far apart can you go on those guides? Too close and its very uncomfortable, too far and the shoulder belts will pup off your shoulders.

Well John I was planning on contacting the company selling them to ask the dimensions of the inserts, than go and talk to the guy that is doing my interior to see if they could even be used in the seats before I purchase them.

Globerunner513, thanks for the info on the harness's I'll definetly check out what schroth has to offer.

Edited by sorealsosurreal

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tried contacting the company with no reply after about two weeks. So I went ahead and talked to my upholstry guy seeing if he could install them and he suggested Just making slits in the head rests which will work just fine and be fairly unnoticed. So I think I'll just do that, and it will save me some cash. I'll post some pics once I get the interior done in about a month or more.

I had RCI five point harnesses and NEX seats in my Z. The sholder belt was a Y-style harness, so it and the lap belts could mount in the stock locations with the stock hardware. The submarine belt I wraped through one of the lightning holes in the forward seat mount bracket mounted to the floor under the seat. I never used the submarine belt (just a tad uncomfterable) and I never raced it. I have gone back to stock now with Pulsar seats. Guess I'm getting old, it was just a pain to get in and out of and the fiberglass seats where hard on the butt.