HybridZ

LT1 T-56 aftermarket clutch slave and master cylinder help

I need help badly. I need some part numbers and setups. I swaped an 97 Camero LT1 T-56 setup complete. I tried using the orignal clutch slave cylinder and master, but I cant get it to bleed out. there is not enough clutch pedal to release clutch. I have also replaced the lines with a steel braded line because the OE line was to short. OF course I had to rerought it up and down the firewall. I've had enough of it because it has no bleeder screw. It's been 2 weeks messing with it. I have searched the fourm for about 3 days and comming up with no results. Is there anyone out there with a good set up please reply. brand, part numbers, where to get it.

I have the LT1 t56 in my car with a universal master cylinder on the fire wall, its either a 3/4 or 7/8 i can check tommarow for all of the P/N and details. I used a -3AN hose and a russel fitting to attach the stock slave cylinder to the master cylinder.

Here is how you bleed the slave cylnder for an LT1.

With the hose attached to the master cylinder and slave cylinder fill the master cylinder with fluid but leave the cap loose

Get under the car and unbolt the slave cylinder if its still bolted to the bell housing but leave the hose attached

By hand press the rod into the slave cylinder all the way and hold it for a few seconds, do this 10-15 time or untill no more air bubbels come up to the master cylinder.

If needed after you have depressed the rod a few times let it sit for a few min for the air to work its way up the system but you should fell it get hader the more you press the rod in.

Edited by jay260z

Sorry is been acouple days. I am tring to use the orignal setup. I made a braket to mount the master to the fire wall. I'll try bleeding it that way this weekend.

The stock master cylinder dose not displace enough fluid to completely disengage the clutch, thats why you have to use the larger diameter master cylinder. I have a 3/4" on my car and i used the factory push rod and clevis, it even mounted onto the stock bolt locations.

I was wrong about the size of line i used, i said that i used a -4AN but i am actualy using a -3AN and it works just fine.

The part number for the fitting that attaces to the slave cylinder in order to use a -3AN is a russel P/N 640281.

There have been a few threads on this over the years, I know I either replied or posted.

I used a Tilton 7/8 master and AN-4 fitting and braided hose, I forget which AutoZone T5 METAL slave I used but it had the GM Qwik-Connect fitting and I needed an adaptor.

The T5 slave has a bleed screw.

I have had no clutch problems so far and I have enough travel. Probably a search for T5 slave might show up more.

try here:

http://forums.hybrid..._1entry687777

Here are pics of what I used.

Don't loose that freaking pin. it was almost impossible to find one, no local GM dealer had one, some guy on LS1/LT1.com that rebuilds T56 transmissions felt bad for me and dropped two in the mail.

Good luck,

Greg

post-1241-12736334296749_thumb.jpg

post-1241-12736334317942_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...