HybridZ

260z weber carb HIGH idle

Hey everyone ive recently rebuilt my weber dgv setup and the car doesnt idle well at all,

ive tried adjusting the idle air screws and the air mixture screws but nothing seems to work. the car starts at an extremely high RPM (my tach doesnt work) but the car dies or drops to extremely LOW RPM when put into reverse/drive.

any help will be great, ive been reading up but havent found anything. hours of work but no progress.

- PatSab

• 2 weeks later...

so my fuel pressure regulator came in and i got it installed. the carbs have a more consistent reaction but the idle is still ridiculously loud. another thing i noticed today was the chokes MUST be closed for the car to continue to run, as soon as the manual choke lever moves the slightest bit forward the engine dies. soooo.... i guess i have a vacuum leak somewhere or i need to start back at square 1 and do a complete teardown and reinstallatiion of everything to make sure all gaskets are sealing.

• 2 months later...