HybridZ

280zx radiator and R200 diff

josh817

Hey guys, a buddy of mine punched a hole in his ZX radiator this week so I'm on the prowl to help him out.

Also, if you have an R200, preferably geared high like a 4.11 or higher, I'd like to see how much you want for. ;)

EDIT: I also forgot! I am looking for some aluminum rear drums for a '72 240z, new shoes, and brake cylinders. I have some 280ZX calipers (with the dust shield), good used pads as well as a brand new set, and brand new ZX rear rotors that I was going to put on but then I changed my mind. Why? The racing club I'm going to join says you can add bigger brakes but they must stay the same format (disk in front drum in rear), plus I don't want to work out the E-Brake bugs and stuff... :D Calipers are disassembled and I cleaned as much old gunk off of them as possible. They're ready to be rebuilt, I have the O'Reileys PN for the kits if you need them (kits are like $7 per caliper). I also painted the shields yellow with caliper paint. I'll get pictures later.

Tell me if you're interest! I'll trade the ZX stuff for the drum, shoes, and wheel cylinders (I may not need these), or I'll sell the ZX stuff to you. Also if you have a diff with the gearing I want, and you need the ZX brakes, maybe we can work something out.

Edited by josh817

I'll check on the set of drums I pulled off and shoot you a PM later tonight or tomorrow :)

Make sure that if you are wanting to trade brakes, that you have good used/new drums that I can throw on, as well as new shoes. Wheel cylinders are the only things I don't know if I can reuse or not. I'd assume that if they're working now, they're fine.

Basically my point is I don't want to do anything partial. I have everything needed to do rear brakes, minus the mounting brackets and caliper kits, so I'd like everything to do my brakes in trade. I'm only emphasizing this because one of my rear drums is fried. I pulled it off and saw there was no more pad, just a metal plate chewing the drum out. :D It still stops you, but ignorance is bliss. The 280zx brakes were going to fix the problem but as I stated above, I don't want to install.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest warezdog

I have a new (1-2 years old) radiator with cap and drain and 2 piece shroud from Checker's Auto Parts in great shape all for $40 plus shipping (UPS ground rates). Chris

I may take you up on that rad, won't know if I need till I get the old one out and tested

I've got a few radiators, though I can not be positive what year they came from I'm pretty sure they are from a 280ZX. I also have an R200 for sale. Please see complete descriptions and pix of these and many more parts on my website at www.TexasZ.net and shoot me a PM or email if you want them...oh by the way, I'm just down the highway from you in Austin!

I've told my buddy about the offers. Hopefully he will follow up.

As for the diff I need a long nose R200 with a 4.11 or higher.

And for the brakes here is a picture, they come with brand new ZX rear rotors too. I'm still looking for a complete rear drum setup to trade! I would like good aluminum drums, new shoes, and whatever else is needed to completely redo my brakes (since I was going to put on rear disks but changed my mind).

In the picture you get the dust shields that I already painted, the calipers that I already cleaned and took apart to rebuild. I have rebuild kits but one of them was incomplete so I will return them if I can, if not I will send them with the brakes, either way I have the O'Reilleys PN for whoever wants them. A bag of hardware from the calipers like all the little clips and pins that I washed, the box of brake shoes which has the brand new ones and the used old ones (which still look good enough to use again). And finally the rear rotors (on the right) still in their bags and boxes, no rust.

a1k380.jpg

nohl5k.jpg

Edited by josh817