HybridZ

West Systems G Flex

thrustnut

Just bought some West Systems G Flex epoxy to fill the holes between the body on my 77 and the MSA body kit. I filled them with regular bondo body filler about five years ago, and it's cracking (go figure) but the car has never had a nice paint job, so no big deal. My plan it to get all the old filler out, the spots that where a ways off I backed with fiberglass before I filled. I will check and make sure the fiberglass backing is in good shape and then fill with the G flex and collodical sillica. It sounds like this stuff will work pretty well filling between the body and the glass, it's supposed to be pretty flexible. Let me know if anyone has used this product and your results. If no one has, maybe I can post my thoughts if anyone is interested.

If the surfaces are properly prepared then there will be no problems, its good marine quality gear that is waterproof. There are also epoxy based marine fillers available, lighter and far better than the polyester based junk like bondo which is really a cheap filler that hides faults and encourages rust.