HybridZ

body mod pics

Guest V8wannabe

i don't think that it is that hard to do , joining the body panels to make it looks a hell of a lot better, would take some time, and would be a hassle but not to hard just sheet metal sanding, bit of molding, i've been practicing with the mig at home making some crafty artie stuff, might start on the Z ssoon

Looks like a great start--smoothing and all does wonders for the cars in general. Please post this in the Body & Paint Forum next time so everyone can enjoy--you'll get precious few comments by isolating it in the 6 cyl forum.

Davy

Guest V8wannabe

a quick summary of what was done...seam between headlight and fender filled, drip rails over doors removed, rear vents filled, door handles shaved (remote system installed), rear quarters installed 1' wider, all emblems & side molding removed, all inner sheet metal primed and thin coat of truck bed liner for sound deadening....still debating where to hide the gas filler lid. Your right,it wasn't hard just took a bit of time

Removing the drip rails really makes a difference, cleaning up the body as you have done emphasises the great Z lines. Good job, I like it icon_smile.gif

As far as the petrol filler goes, as you probably know some cars used to hide the filler under a hinged rear number plate arrangement. Usually spring tensioned to keep it closed, hinged at the bottom.

Guest V8wannabe

The spoiler is off a 240 and the holes for turn signals were filled. I got lucky and found it in a wreckers. There are no names or identification on it....not much of a lead