HybridZ

New cam from ebay

d3c0y

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a cam off ebay and i was wondering if someone can help me confirm that it is what it's supposed to be.

It has Japan cast in the side and is a solid cam opposed to an internally oiled one. On the end of the cam the following is stammped:

AmeriCam 1

A

I googled it all and didnt come up with anything - not even anything for AmeriCam.

Thanks in advance

Jake

Stick it in a head, attach your degree wheel and dial indicators, and start rotating and recording the valve events.

Only chance in hell of figuring out what you have, save for someone with that exact same cam reading your post and recalling the specs, or actually having the cam card.

Best get to it, I doubt highly the latter will be occurring.

The specs are 555 Lift 300 intake 316 exhaust duration according to the Ebay add - just want to make sure i'd been sold the right thing.

Yeah, Tony just told you exactly what you need to do. Check out the cam degreeing sticky in this section.

Excuse, please, I was somewhat obtuse in my response. Let me clarify:

"Stick it in a head, attach your degree wheel and dial indicators, and start rotating and recording the valve events.

Only chance in hell of confirming what you have."

Forgive me for my earlier retort, I can see how it could be misunderstood, it went waaaaay wide of the mark!

Excuse, please, I was somewhat obtuse in my response. Let me clarify:

"Stick it in a head, attach your degree wheel and dial indicators, and start rotating and recording the valve events.

Only chance in hell of confirming what you have."

Forgive me for my earlier retort, I can see how it could be misunderstood, it went waaaaay wide of the mark!

Hehehehe