HybridZ

Daily Driver Stripped Interior

Two80z4me

• 1 month later...

If "daily driver" means a 5-mile morning commute and a 5-mile evening commute, then a loud and bare interior shouldn't be too onerous. Long-distance driving is a different story. If you're in Montana, you may wish to consider keeping the heater/ventilation unit.

My Z is a completely gutted tin can, except for the unmolested headliner; no dash, gauges bolted to the roll cage, no carpeting or sound-deadening, no center console.... just roll cage tubes. It's a weird feeling to stare at a bare firewall just sort-of connecting the floor with the windshield (firewall is set 6" back). The steering column just disappears into the firewall. The shifter sticks out from a hole in the transmission tunnel. The sensation is less of discomfort, than of a tingly feeling of driving a UPS package delivery truck, instead of a sports car.

Really loud and feet get REALLY hot on longer trips. The hot right foot is really a problem. I removed my interior because I couldn't keep rainwater out of car. Now rainwater comes in, but dries fast with no moldy smell or rust. The heat is a bigger problem than the noise.

post-5903-063994300 1308352213_thumb.jpg