HybridZ

questions about jz1 jz2 rb25det

jake

No offense, why bother with 350 whp. The 280zx turbo motor can make this alot cheaper(alot less hassle too).I have one laying on the side of the house that came out of my 73. You should really search this forum alot more. Plenty of members making these numbers with the zx motor.

I would rather have the more up to date motor but I will look

I would rather have the more up to date motor but I will look

FYI there are no 2jz bolt in kits. The ZX motor bolts in. There is alot of fab work involved to get the 2jz in. Do you have any fab experience or are you planning on having someone do it for you? There are alot of details to work out. Not trying to discourage you in the end you should do what you want. 2jz can get really expensive especially if you have someone else doing the work. I am still working out some of the details myself. Lots of homework involved.

Best of luck however you decide to go. :D

FYI there are no 2jz bolt in kits. The ZX motor bolts in. There is alot of fab work involved to get the 2jz in. Do you have any fab experience or are you planning on having someone do it for you? There are alot of details to work out. Not trying to discourage you in the end you should do what you want. 2jz can get really expensive especially if you have someone else doing the work. I am still working out some of the details myself. Lots of homework involved.

Best of luck however you decide to go. :D

^^ Well said

You need to think of component cost as well. A fully dressed [manifolds, turbo, injectors, tranny, Flywheel, clutch, etc] L28ET can be had from less than $500, usually not going over $1,000 for a stock setup.

A 2JZ-GTE + Getrag [good luck finding one for less than a grand ;)] is going to be super expensive, especially fully dressed.

N/A 2JZs are everywhere and you can get them for cheap [my roommate bought one out of a GS300 for $400], but you're going to have to get N/A-T turbo manifolds, a R154 tranny, and the proper bellhousing. After fab mount parts and engine management, you're looking at a hefty bill.

There's a reason I went with the L28ET, and it wasn't because it looks pretty or makes the best power. It's darn cheap!

Edited by flatblack280

^^ Well said

You need to think of component cost as well. A fully dressed [manifolds, turbo, injectors, tranny, Flywheel, clutch, etc] L28ET can be had from less than $500, usually not going over $1,000 for a stock setup.

A 2JZ-GTE + Getrag [good luck finding one for less than a grand ;)] is going to be super expensive, especially fully dressed.

N/A 2JZs are everywhere and you can get them for cheap [my roommate bought one out of a GS300 for $400], but you're going to have to get N/A-T turbo manifolds, a R154 tranny, and the proper bellhousing. After fab mount parts and engine management, you're looking at a hefty bill.

There's a reason I went with the L28ET, and it wasn't because it looks pretty or makes the best power. It's darn cheap!

ok so u have me very interested in the turbo 28, my original plan was to put a n/a l28 making about 200hp but decided against it when i realized it would be alot for one that is rebuild and what not. So can u give me the details to the turbo l28 can i make 350whp.Thx

ok so u have me very interested in the turbo 28, my original plan was to put a n/a l28 making about 200hp but decided against it when i realized it would be alot for one that is rebuild and what not. So can u give me the details to the turbo l28 can i make 350whp.Thx

There is volumes of information already posted on this site for this swap. Search newbie. Edited by SleeperZ

So can u give me the details to the turbo l28 can i make 350whp.Thx

lol okay.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/82371-my-notes-on-the-na-l28-to-turbo-swap/

Step 1: Install L28ET

Step 2: Buy Garrett GT35R and methanol injection

Step 3: Watch some Big Phil Videos

Step 4: Make 350WHP

Step 5: Make your very own "World's best beer"

Seriously how is this thread still going on?

No IM talk, buddy. ["thnx" how r u 2day, i not seen you b4 etc]

Read the rules again. Really read them.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Edited by flatblack280

lol okay.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/82371-my-notes-on-the-na-l28-to-turbo-swap/

Step 1: Install L28ET

Step 2: Buy Garrett GT35R and methanol injection

Step 3: Watch some Big Phil Videos

Step 4: Make 350WHP

Step 5: Make your very own "World's best beer"

Seriously how is this thread still going on?

No IM talk, buddy. ["thnx" how r u 2day, i not seen you b4 etc]

Read the rules again. Really read them.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

fine going to IM then.