HybridZ

Fiberglass hatch "CAP" photos

Sleek Z

Hi, All

Just wanted to drop by and alert the Body & Paint section that a rather unusual convertible project dropped my shop for parts and documentation photos last week with a rare Sam Freeman fiberglass hatch "cap" installed on the rear, still in primer and white fiberglass showing just how the famous customizer designed and installed it. I have a sample photo of the cap as well as some custom bracing on the inside that will surely intrique some of you contemplating a convertible project.

Previews of the project and some other interesting photo documentation projects can be seen at the Coming Attractions at ZPARTS.COM page.

The convertible project will be coming out of the paint booth in early March, at which time, I will do follow up photos. Any requests for what details you want documented?

Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM

eric@zparts.com

Guest Anonymous

I have an "Origin" convertible kit made in Arizona which sold out to the Vella Rossa people ho sold out to ???? The origin kit has a fiberglass cap also but the trunk lid is centered in the middle and could act as a sinkhole for water. From Eric's pictures I see a quality product that looks like it was based on the ZTherapy method which is still in business but also recently sold. Z Therapy modified the lid hatch into a trunk. I recently saw one of these conversions . It was top rate with a Triumph TR7 ragtop and metal bows. Z Therapy sells a video of the conversion .My Origin came with a fiberglass hardtop similar in style to old Jaguer XKE roadsters.I would definitely prefer Eric's fiberglass cap picture features or the Z Therapy method (which is labor consuming and skills required and WORK)

• 4 years later...

The kit makes a nice hatch cover but you can do just as well with the same amount of work if you fab your own. In addition, that reinforcement that intrudes into the door opening is not really necessary, although you should be able to cut and weld 1/4 in steel to do it. Check out this one, I just finished. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2449375.

I reused the hatch and added a spoiler.

ZZNOTOP,

That's a very nice convert conversion.

What blueovalz said above is so true.

I especially like the bright trim right behind the door, nice touch.

I was wondering, you mentioned a nice carpet kit in your cardomain post.

Where did you get it? and how much was it?

Thanks, Mike.

ya, attention to detail makes all the difference. I paid a new shop to do the body work on my 280ZX vert. But it came out sloppy. I don't have the space or time to redue it, so I'm just going to sell it.

1352_thumb.attach

1353_thumb.attach