HybridZ

l28et: Lean under load

Rustyfriend

Hey guys, so go figure after saying that my car is reliable, I am now leaning out under load. All I did the other day was take my battery out so I could put it in someone else' car and now it runs pretty poorly. At idle and light throttle the car runs just as it always has, slightly rich. When under load it leans out and goes off the gauge completely. I am running an l28et with the stock electronics, intercooler/bov, 60mm tb, stock fpr, pallnet fuel rail, aftermarket fuel pump...

I am trying to diagnose is completely before I begin buying new parts because I am currently without a job and have no cash, literally.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

If I have left anything out that you might need info on to diagnose please feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure your battery terminals are on tight? Weak power source could cause a lower fuel pressure? What is your ignition and fuel setup?

Both battery terminals are clean and tight. Ignition and all of that is stock. Literally nothing has changed in my setup from last fall until now, but it is no longer working correctly.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out the issue?

My car was running pig rich and had trouble idling and starting cold; battery needed to be replaced and found a leak before the throttle body. Fixed those, now the car idles perfect, starts right away and under normal driving is great but it goes extremely lean at full throttle. Wideband will show 18:1 or worse and i obviously have to let off.

• 10 months later...