HybridZ

Z32 MAF

R3VO 3VOM

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been thinking of getting a Power FC lately, sorry to high jack but I heard that the Q45 MAF is an upgrade too. I do not have access to the Z32 MAF but I find quite a number of Q45s at the junk yard so I would like to use that instead to save some bucks. Is that true?

Ive been thinking of getting a Power FC lately, sorry to high jack but I heard that the Q45 MAF is an upgrade too. I do not have access to the Z32 MAF but I find quite a number of Q45s at the junk yard so I would like to use that instead to save some bucks. Is that true?

You can't run it without something that modifies the signal

So if I mated it with a Power FC would I be able to tune for it? Or does it need something else besides a stand alone ecu to function correctly? Basically my question is is it worth it or just get the Z32 one.

I forgot the Power FC does have a menu option to choose which MAF you are using, I have one (but am currently using stock EMS)... The Power FC has one downfall is to have a really good tune on it, you'll need expensive software or someone to tune it.

I think the availability of Nistune and people knowing how to use it might be a benefit.

I don't know of anyone in my area that is framiliar with Nistune. However there is a local shop that tunes Power FCs and has RB experience so I figured that would be a good way to go for me. Thanks for the insight 240z master.

Also make sure that if you are going to run a Power FC, that you can change the settings via an FC Commander