HybridZ

My new project version 2.0

DevilZX

Was really clean and on its way to being a great car but SUV's don't make good places to stop.

31849_10150202926665413_891240412_12840664_4878864_n.jpg

31849_10150203090010413_891240412_12845605_5821714_n.jpg

Before:

Picture002.jpg?t=1275969186

I plan on repairing it. Really only cosmetic damage. I drove it home after the accident. Just need to fix/replace the core support. This is much as frame damage goes.

I was only a mile or so from home asI was traveling about 40 mph, following a mid 90's Land Rover with a blinker on for about 100 yards or so while he passed a couple driveway turns. I looked down for literally one second to switch radio stations and as I look up, well, he wasn't moving forward anymore. I sounded my horn quickly and hit the brakes, hard, but still slammed into the trailer hitch at about 30-35 mph.

I just saw a flash of red as my hood folded in half blocking my vision nearly completely as I came to a stop. Engine still running I pulled over and popped the hood (amazingly) and proceded to unbolt it and relocate intercooler piping. I was doing this as the officer was talking to me and writing a ticket for inattentive driving. Figures.

He wanted to have me tow it away but I was confident enough to get it drivable. I was only a mile or so from home.

Nobody was injured in any way.

Edited by DevilZX

bastard cops, I almost got a reckless for drifting in the closed fairground, with a PERMIT!!! the cops here have only seen the fast and the furious and clearly think that all drifters are murderers and drug dealers. Clearly not the story.

good luck with the car though, it was beautiful and will be again someday!

Man that sucks, Trailer hitches and cars don't go well together. I noticed your from St Micheal, I have family in Big lake and Fairmont, Going up there this fall. Good luck on fixing it though, It looked awesome before the accident. :D

lesson learned? If the bloke in front has his indicator on, dont look away?

personally id be measuring the distance between the front of the rails, just incase they ahve been pulled inwards slightly.

looks very superficial though.