HybridZ

V8 Badge

Kevin Shasteen

I havent been able to frequent here as often as I have in the past so I hope I'm not passing on old info.

Anyway, I saw a V8 emblem on one of the new Ford Blazers. It was almost exactly like the old 30's V8 emblems when Ford came out w/their Flathead V8's; it was the same as in the 8 is self empossed over the V.

I thought it was pretty nice; I'm sure it is only a sticker type badge & not a badge w/pegs. However-it would make a perfect replacement for the Datsun hood emblem or a compliment to the Toyota's Hybrid Emblem for the fender or rear deck.

At least it would make a good emblem for those of you who have done the V8 swap...as for me-you all know I'm still only an Inliner.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Year One sells lots of stock style chevy emblems that can be put on to appear stock. a friend of mine has a blue chevy bowtie stickon from a malibu that fits nicely on his hood. i am thinking of getting one to stick to my fairlady grill. once they stick, they dont come off. you can tell by the sound of my car anyway that it's not a 6-er.

Guest LT4Justin

Just something also I thought of a while ago:

For the 350 guys, if you want a "570 Z" badge in place of the stock one, pick of a 750i badge from local BMW dealership and rearange the numbers... then get a "Z" from wherever.

I snagged the trunk badges off of a 325i and a 750i and rearranged them to 327 and glued them to my deck lid with trim adhesive, and it looks good. Not too garish or obvious, no one really knows what it means till i tell them, but cool anyway. And BMW numbers are very high quality, made of real metal, not just chromed plastic. Just twisted the numbers apart, and sanded the "sprue" where they were connected.