HybridZ

Refinished my wheels...what do you think?

Hey all,

I just finished sand blasting, painting and clearing my wheels. I am still undecided what I think about them. I used the hammered black/gray rustoleum, and then clear rustoleum enamel. The sandblasting looked pretty sweet by itself, but the clear kinda dulled it down to a primer gray look.

What do you guys think are they "Great!" or "Garbage!"? any suggestions?

4686790274_fbc116e4d8_b.jpg

4686157885_a93f405dd4_b.jpg

I had the same wheels. I replaced them with xxr 522's now, but I though about Doug this to them but didn't know how it would turn out. I think it looks good. I wonder how it would look if the paint was reversed though. Having the majority of the wheel black with the other part the silver. Good job though I like it.

They look good but if you want a "brighter" aluminum look, you might consider giving them a light coat of cast aluminum colored paint.  I like brake caliper spray paint that contains aluminum flake.  It really looks like bright cast aluminum.  You could also try VHT wheel paints in aluminum color.

http://www.vhtpaint....wheelpaint.html

I always spray bare cast aluminum with aluminum colored paint because it looks better, and won't pit.

Here is my painted intake manifold:

149426614_wxAzF-XL.jpg

Edited by cygnusx1

They look good but if you want a "brighter" aluminum look, you might consider giving them a light coat of cast aluminum colored paint.  I like brake caliper spray paint that contains aluminum flake.  It really looks like bright cast aluminum.  You could also try VHT wheel paints in aluminum color.

Thanks Cygnus, I may try out the aluminum/flake when I get sick of this. Kinda funny, I asked you about that crinkle black paint you use in your engine bay awhile go. I have it bookmarked somewhere, thats good stuff too.

Thanks.