HybridZ

Proper oil pump/ Dizzy Timing

yetterben

Okay i have been reading on this. There seems to be various methods. What i gather is line the dot on the shaft up with the divot/dot on the oil pump, insert. Where should the shaft point at? the dizzy mounting hole on the left? small side to the left? I also read somewhere line up the dots turn the shaft one notch to right? That would not put it at the desired 11:30 position other threads refer too. Is there a solid way to do this? pictures would be fantastic. I dont wanna monkey with this with the engine back in the car.

You line up the dots and install it. If you engaged it properly and didn't twist it on installation inadvertently and the drive gear has not spun on the shaft previously then it will line up.

If it's off, then you take it back down, move the gear slightly and re-engage it however many teeth off you need to be to get it looking like the photo in the installation manual.

If the gear has slipped previously....you put it where you need to, marks are irrelevant. And from that point pray the thing doesn't slip and throw out your timing (move the rotor position) while you're driving. Seen it happen several times on the dyno.

I pin mine now, from new, with a 3mm hardened dowel before installation. It won't slip then! :D