HybridZ

Odd Craigslist Find

There's a guy that shows up at car shows near Toronto with an L18 in an ancient hotrod. I could be way off on this, but it looks like it's 1920's vintage. It's been a few years since I've seen it so I'm having a hard time remembering specifics.

Nigel

'73 240Z

Not so odd, really. The original hot rods were inline sixes and fours of similar displacement. An L28 makes for a nice swap into an old 63 Falcon...

Saw a 3/5th scale hot rod with a toyota 2TG in it one time.

I've seen one with a VG 30 and sidedrafts on it (one cut in half!)

For the $$$, looks like a nice rig. I wouldn't mind driving that one around. The inline six looks right at home. "Like in the beginning."

picture.JPG

nostalgia_drags-132.jpg

nostalgia_drags-1221.jpg

iacono.jpg

01ford250.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

datsunhotrod.png

I mean, before there was a Datsun 6, some of us lusted after the 'Ultimate Chevy II Nova', powered 'the right way'...I mean, anybody can put a big V8 into a car and make it quick! ;)

chevy_inline_6_power_manual.gif

The original hot rods were inline sixes and fours of similar displacement.

I am not a stranger to performance I6's or the fact that I6's have been transplanted into many applications. I have a couple of Ford straight 6 engines (a 240 and a 300) in farm machinery, and previously owned a Dodge Dart GT with the slant 6. It's just not the drivetrain I had expected to find in a hot rod pickup, which is why I thought it was odd.