HybridZ

Pic of Starion seats installed

Dan Juday

I've heard that some came with power seats. These are all manual, thank you very much. I realy didn't want the headache of wiring. The fit is great, with no extra room to spare. Install was easy. Ground off the Mitsu mounting brackets and drilled a few holes in piece of 3/4" square tube and bolted them up. Well, not quite that easy. Getting to the rear bolts with a wrench was a tight contortion act. Very comfortable. Adjustable lumbar and side bolsters. I think they look good for a square-ish design. They're different at least.

I agree, they are very comfortable. The ones I have I picked up in the bone yard for $75 for the pair. They are black leather and are in great condition. I mounted them by fabbing little brackets that go from the seat mounts to the stock holes. It isn't pretty, but is effective :D

Those look great dan

~mike

Beware the lumbar support if you are rear ended!

I had a Conquest and the metal plate did a number on my lower back.

I took the stock seats out of my '83 ZXT and put in FloFit seats so I could have an air bladder type lumbar adjustment. They barely fit and I had to alter the passenger side bracket to get the seat closer to the trans tunnel.

Lost about 1" headroom (missed a lot on bumpy roads), but WAY comfortable.

HMMM - wonder if I can shoehorn 'em into my '75?

Hard to say Greg. I didn't spend a lot of time in the old seats. Not that I've spent a lot of time in these either. I'm sure they sit a little higher, but not much more, than the stock seats. As far as my height, that's confidential. shifty.gif Lets just say I'd be about 6" if it weren't for my stubby legs. Birth defects in my feet left my legs a little short. :rolleyes: I just checked and I have about 1 1/2" clearance from top of head to headliner. So, sorry, no room for your cowboy hat, Tex! :D

Dan, the new seats really llok good in there...actually, I knew they would, but i wanted to see the final product. If it's ok with you, I'd like to sit in you car at the Rio Vista meet and 'test fit' the seats to see if I want something similar. smile.gif

Davy

Guest Anonymous

I'm 5'10" and I had a set of the Conquest seat in my brother's Z and had plenty of headroom. My brother is 6'1" and he still had about an inch or so.