HybridZ

Power distribution and ground source board - PICS

jacob80

Hey guys,

Well, I have fabricated a common source for all my power and ground leads to come to. Here it is:

36879_1532885005017_1321530038_1458794_5327925_n.jpg

What do you guys think? The fuse block on the left with the two relays is the switched power source. Right below that fuse block are the circuit breakers for each power bank (two 30 amp relays).

To the right of my switched source is my 12v constant. Each circuit will support 30 amps in current.

Directly below the constant source is my terminal strips which will be used to ground various components, all EFI related. The two strips, are broken into two pairs of three grounding sources. Each bank will have its own ground lead directly from the battery. This will allow me to ground different high-noise components separate from small signal devices (ex: fuel pump will be on a different bank than the dizzy signal wire and megasquirt).

To the left of the terminal strips are my two relays; one for my electric fan and one for my starter.

My primary goal for this contraption is to simplify troubleshooting and ensure reliable power leads and grounds. Let me know if you guys think there may be any issues with this setup that I could correct.

Thanks guys!

Edited by jacob80

Well I did a bunch of wiring last night and I'm hoping it'll turn out looking clean like I want it to. My starter relay works though (YES)! I'll keep you guys posted. I'm hoping to have the entire car wired up by tonight assuming I don't run into any major road blocks.