HybridZ

Threads started by member

FlatBlack

So when I needed to find a thread I had made a while ago, I would click on my name, then select "Topics by member" then there would be a list of threads I had made, listed by their title.

Now, I do the same process, and it only lists the 3 that were bumped latest, and shows the entire posts >_< I can't find the rest of the topics I've started. Where are they??

I am looking for my LC-1 troubles thread. After not beign to navigate through my Profile page, I turned to Hybrid's world-famous search function. I typed in "LC-1" in the search box and it said their were NO results e_e

I am disappointed that I can't even use the search button, especially when we all yell at the new guys to go searching. Not even an single hit for LC-1? REEEAAALLLYYYY????

*grumbles something under his breath about VB*

HBZSEARCHSUCKSSSS.jpg

unamused_copy_gif_4.gif

Edited by flatblack280

Try using advanced search (click the gear to the right of the magnifying glass upper right). Enter the user's name and search terms. Make sure to select "Forums" as mine was defaulting to "Help".

I found 2 threads searching "LC1" authored by you.

post-1744-066855500 1277907735_thumb.jpg

Look at my picture I posted, I was searching the forums. Or, try it yourself.

I feel like an idiot, why is this so hard lol

Alright, in advanced search, it was defaulting to 'help files' but I switched it to "forums" and nothing came up. Then I clicked on the "Technical" forum just to make doubly sure. Still nothing.

How are new people supposed to work this dang thing if I can't even do it, and I've been here for a couple of years?

Edited by flatblack280

flatblack280z, do me a favor and try searching again. Just to be sure you and I are doing the same thing, click the gear on the upper right corner next to the search box. Then use "LC1" (without quotes) in the find words field, and your name in the author field. Then make sure to click the forums button (mine continually defaults to help) AND make sure none of the forums are selected in the box below. Screenshot attached.

When I do that, I find 2 threads of yours with LC1 in them.

post-1744-083218200 1278001254_thumb.jpg

Haha. I feel a bit sheepish.

I kept typing in "LC-1" because that's how I write it.

"LC1" [No hyphen] delivered many results. Not sure why it won't recognise the hyphen.

I found a STUPID cheap OEM replacement LSU-4 sensor that'll plug right into the LC-1 Controller, I'll tell you guys where to find it and how much it is when I find out if it works or not.

Why wouldn't it find that? :blink:

Each search engine has its own idiosyncrasies. For example, I use Google's Alerts to track news for my work, and I've found that I need to create alerts using both the singular and plural forms. For example, "biometric" and "biometrics" return different results. Given Google's search engine, which many would argue is one of the best, treats them differently, I'm not surprised that this search engine treats a dash differently from no dash.

• Administrators

Haha. I feel a bit sheepish.

I kept typing in "LC-1" because that's how I write it.

"LC1" [No hyphen] delivered many results. Not sure why it won't recognise the hyphen.

Why wouldn't it find that? :blink:

It's fixed... I think.

Go to someones profile, click "find content" button and then it will show all the threads theyve started or posted in. IF you then look at the top right there is a selector where it asks if you want to see both topics made or posts made, next option is just to see topics theyve made and then last option is to see only the posts. Just figured it out. :)