HybridZ

Where to buy these Headlight Stud/Grommet Thingies?

I need help finding these grommets, apparently only available through Nissan as an entire headlight assembly... does anyone know of anyone who makes these aftermarket? Or any cool solutions that would help the set screw?

DSC03987.jpg

I'm going to be purchasing new adjustment screws (the ones you adjust from the outside up/down/left/right) Nissan part number 26022-19900

Should I just go to the nuts/bolts/fasteners place and see if they have any threaded sleeve type things?

I don't believe those are grommits, but in fact the securing 'teats' for the headlight to fender gasket. They stick through holes on the headlight bucket and hold the gasket in place as you install the headlight assembly.

I believe they are individually available through Z Man of Washington, amongst other places.

I don't believe those are grommits, but in fact the securing 'teats' for the headlight to fender gasket. They stick through holes on the headlight bucket and hold the gasket in place as you install the headlight assembly.

I believe they are individually available through Z Man of Washington, amongst other places.

I actually took a wrong picture now that I think of it (this photo was in my archives)... regardless I should check the dude in Washington, but it's those hard plastic pieces where the screws screw into.

Yeah I can't find a good picture of it until I take apart my headlights when my headlight gaskets come in... I didn't even know there were gaskets until I saw this... so I ordered new ones through Nissan, hope they can get em =)

j06.gif

yeah I knew those were the adjusters, and when you said grommits I figured you were on dope with the photo posted and meant something rubber. Only thing rubber sticking out the back was the headlight gasket positioning teats (stick out of the back of Key # 12).

I swear I've seen those adjusting pieces in a 'Help' bin at a local auto parts store. They are pretty universal and aren't used just on Nissans. Yours broken?

FYI, the junkyard is a veritable cornucopia of those things, any old Datsun / Nissan with round headlights uses the same piece. Even some of the later square-headlight jobbies have pieces that will work for you. Good place to get uncorroded screws as well. (Having an Atlas 6" Lathe lets you make your own screws out of allen headed cap screws that are stainless steel...muahahahaha!)

If I was headed into work I would have brought an old headlight bucket or two and you could come get them up in Diamond Bar...

But I'm playing hookey, and if all goes right by Tuesday I will be hopping a flight to Indonesia/Thailand/P.I./Malaysia for about a month...

I already bought allen head screws for these things way back when I changed out the headlights the first time! Screw you phillip screws!

I was too lazy to go to the junkyard, but I guess I should... since most of the wheels are off, just cut the cord, inscrew the 4 screws and I should be able to pocket the little plastic pieces... One side is busted so I have no left to right adjustment on my passenger side. I'll keep an eye out for some old S30s, but lately they've become more and more rare.

ANY old Datsun with round lights will work. There is no need to get them from the PITA S30 Headlight assembly.

If I was to go through the trouble of pulling one of them, I'd take the whole bucket assembly, not the little plastic bits!

The bits are easily removable from any number of cars (not just Datsuns) which have far easier headlight access!