HybridZ

rear end treatments

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I like what Big Phil did using late model taillights, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Ferrari or Vette rear end with simple round lights on a smoothed rear..

My "dream" rear end would be having the entire panel "frenched" inward about 2" to 3", and then some kind of tail lights inside of that (kind of a shallow tunnel on the entire rear panel. I'd do it to mine, but the rear cage bars go all the way to the end of the rear subframe rails, thus taking up a lot of the end space, which if not done right, would not have the effect I was looking for.

Guest Anonymous

I appreciated the pictures. You've done a great job with that car... how did you make the headlight tube and what kind of lights are they? Are they street legal?...ps.. I used to be a member of the Arkansas Scca group and raced FF, s2000's, GT4 (an old B-210)and SSA & B..

Guest Anonymous

Exactly what I was looking for... how did you do that?? did you cut out a metal panel and weld it in... or just fill in with bondo?

Guest Anonymous

Tim... I really liked the "gill slits" light panel..could this fit over the existing lights so as not to have to rewire or mess with reverse lights??? Do you have a finished picture of that yet??

Guest HIGHRPM
Originally posted by Lonestar Zee:

has anybody filled in the rear light panel to give a smoother look to the back end of the car?

Hi guys. I have a super picture of a vette rear lamp treatment on my pc. All I need to know is how to post it so everyone can see it???? :confused:

Guest zphreek

what up? i believe you were talking to me when you asked how i did that, if you werent then you still get to find out smile.gif i got a piece of metal (cant remember the exact thickness) and cut it to fit exactly in the recess that is there, then i got some pipe (4 1/2 inches i believe) cut into one inch strips and welded them onto the back of the panel to make the lights recessed about one inch. then i just removed the stock taillights and welded my panel in. presto! i actually used very little bondo since i cut it to fit pretty well.

Guest Anonymous

zphreek// thanks... did you have the lights first and made the pots for them or make the pots and find lights... kinda like a chicken or egg question....looks good either way..