HybridZ

help me find a component please

grumpyvette

my wife drives a 2003 mercury grand marque and she recently busted the whole slide out ash tray and cup holder assembly that slides into the lower dash, its (COLOR DARK PARCHMENT), any way I go to the local dealership and they look it up on the computer and its indicating its discontinued so thats as far as the parts guy looks, I call a few salvage yards with no luck, so I post a request on the salvage yard network and get back two reply's stating they have it, and can ship it for $89.00, GREAT,but theres no phone number to call to verify, its color or condition, I look at the address its only 40 miles from here, so I drive down to find its a private, u-rent it,post office box in a place that rents post office boxes for businesses that obviously don,t want to deal directly with customers (OBVIOUSLY THIS LOOKS LIKE A SCAM)so I look into the other reply, its a similar deal(A POST OFFICE BOX) not a salvage yard, auto parts store or dealership

so now what? IT LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO THIS BUT ITS NOT EXACTLY THE SAME

cup.jpg

any suggestions, any idea where I can find a part for a car thats only 7-8 years old?ld?

Edited by grumpyvette

• Administrators

Grumpy,

You might try craigslist for your area. I tried a quick search on eBay, didn't find anything, but I may not be using the correct search terms.

Hope that helps,

Paul