HybridZ

280z Rear Bumper Shock Removal

So I'm in the process of removing my rear bumper, and the rear shocks so I can install my 240z bumper using ZCCJDM's brackets. I've got the tank lowered and moved out of the way (that only really matters for the passenger side mount anyways). On the driver side mount I removed the 3 16mm Bolts, as well as one 10mm bolt which is holding this shroud/cover piece to the shock, but the shock won't budge. I can feel what seems to be another small 10mm bolt which is holding the shroud to the shock (it's in the small space between the right side of the shock and the body sheet metal) but I can't get to it with any wrench. Considering the shock isn't moving I'm guessing there are other bolts which I can't see yet because they are being covered by the shroud/cover. What bolts am I missing that need to be removed?

Thanks,

Chris J.

there is i think 3 nuts coming from inside the trunk on studs and she will come out

I pulled all 3 of those nuts, as well as the three bolts from the outside of the car (they pass through the rear sheet metal, located around where the exhaust exits) and the shock still wont budge. I've got to be missing something, but I can't figure out what it is.

I pulled all 3 of those nuts, as well as the three bolts from the outside of the car (they pass through the rear sheet metal, located around where the exhaust exits) and the shock still wont budge. I've got to be missing something, but I can't figure out what it is.

there should only be a total of 6 nuts per shock mount. Three are hidden behind the trim panels on both sides. Had to use a hammer to get mine to break loose after all the mounting hardware was off... keep in mind, they've probably never been removed before.

Edited by Austin240Z