HybridZ

Turn Signal Location

Has anyone tried to mount the front side markers a little further back on the front fenders? Kinda like the old SAABS of the 80's-90's. I had the idea of just going down to my local salvage/gold yard to find some of these but ran across some brand new generic lights at the advance auto store the other night. They sold for about $20 a pair were clear with an amber light inside. Very cool.

I am going to mount a side marker just in front of the door that will flash with the turn signals. Mine are new ones purchased staright from a Mercedes dealership for a 1993 ML320 SUV and they only sold for $3.60 per! they are clear with an amber lens inside. I have since seen them on newer model VW's

Guest Anonymous

Not sure if its the same fastener but with a name like that it has to be, we used 'sex bolts' when I did cut in windows in fire doors. The bolt has threaded tube with a flat flush (or rounded) head on it. The other side is just a machine screw. Its basically a security thing in windows, you can' t use regular screws or anyone outside with a screwdriver can enter the place. :D

Regards,

Lone