HybridZ

Fabric Seats - Anyone recognize these?

ksbeta

These seats came with the Series 1 240z I just bought. The guy claimed they were stock, and that as production #1,222 it had some "expiremental" things going on (no bracing in doors/hood, and these cloth seats). I don't really buy it: I've never seen any seats like these before. Anyone recognize these? I can take better/different photos if needed.

post-11698-030431500 1278629641_thumb.jpg

The material is the same all the way around; no vinyl evident. I figured in 40 years there was a chance they were re-upholstered, I mean, the car was repainted at least once, it's not a far cry to believe some extra work was done. Interesting that you say yours look the same though, that points a slightly different direction. I'd be curious to hear those history buffs chime in.

They are stock seats that have been reupholstered

Heres the stock seat in black vinyl, what your seats originally looked like before they where reupholstered.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Edited by skib

• 2 weeks later...

I've come across a set of 240z seats that are exactly what you seem to be describing. They are black cloth on the fronts and black vynil on the back and sides of the bottom. Are these really original? because the guy says they are original from a 240.

And Tyler please do post pics of yours. I would like to see what they look like in car with a good clear picture.

• 3 weeks later...

I could've sworn that Nissan did offer cloth/vinyl seats at one point.

It would make sense, because those vinyl seats suck anywhere that it gets warm.

They were like black/gray/charcoal color cloth on the contact areas of the seat and then had vinyl on the back and sides (kinda like NA chassis Miata stock seats).

Edited by kamikaZeS30

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...