HybridZ

Z32 oil pressure

Pharaohabq

Hey, I'm curious, what does your oil pressure look like in your Z32? Mine is a 92' 2+2 NA. My oil pressure reads ~30 ish most of the time driving. on the freeway at about 3K rpm It works up to about 50 or so, but almost never goes higher than that. It's been like this for years, so I figure it's about normal, but I've never compaired it to anyone else. my oil is Pens

10w-30. It's possible it could just be my 18 year old Oil Press sender is weak. From what I understand stock oil pumps almost never fail right? Not to mention if they did, I'd be lucky to have any pressure or a running car.

So let me know your opinions and what your oil pressure averages.

Phar

Stock senders and gauges are pretty notoriously inaccurate, but oiling isn't really an issue on the VG, because of the reliability of the pump.

My gauge usually stays between the first tick (which, I guess, is 30) and the third (which, I guess, is 90), on Mobil 1 10w30.

Yeah I knew they're usually pretty inaccurate. I wonder if there's a good stock replacement sender mine could be replaced with. My left side valves seem to be noisey lately aroung 1800 rpm. dunno if that's normal for 157K miles.

Phar

Yeah I knew they're usually pretty inaccurate. I wonder if there's a good stock replacement sender mine could be replaced with. My left side valves seem to be noisey lately aroung 1800 rpm. dunno if that's normal for 157K miles.

Phar

Sure it's not your VTC sprocket? My DS sprocket is pretty noisy, at 85k miles, and 1800RPM is right about where it should be transitioning from high to low.

If it's the lifters, you might try a hundred miles of ATF treatment.

• 1 month later...

Stock senders and gauges are pretty notoriously inaccurate, but oiling isn't really an issue on the VG, because of the reliability of the pump.My gauge usually stays between the first tick (which, I guess, is 30) and the third (which, I guess, is 90), on Mobil 1 10w30.

the oiling system in the is the DEATH of this engine. It has horrible pressure issues and inadequate oil feed design from the rod journals to the bearings. The pump needs help as well and can be improved upon.

the oiling system in the is the DEATH of this engine. It has horrible pressure issues and inadequate oil feed design from the rod journals to the bearings. The pump needs help as well and can be improved upon.

That may be, but for thousands of stock Z32s, the oiling system seems to have worked out better than the wiring harness.

Or are you just trying to hock another one of your oil pumps?