HybridZ

Missing boost press sensor = limp mode?

linluv84

My motor (RB25det NEO) is missing the boost press sensor and boost control solenoid. Will the ecu go into limp mode without the pressure sensor? I couldn't find anything in the fsm troubleshooting charts showing what it will do without the sensor. The eventual goal is to have a functional MIL, so I'm assuming I'll need the sensor at some point. As far as the solenoid goes, I was thinking about simply getting an 8lb wastegate actuator and calling it a day, unless there is a USDM solenoid that will work...

Thanks for the replies. Just going over this stuff in my head as I sort out the rest of the build. Good to know I have one less thing to deal with. Hopefully now that I'm employed again and have a new ecu, I will get to drive my Z again in the near future. It gets kinda irritating when you've got over $10k of project in the garage and can't find the $500 to finish and enjoy it...

Edited by linluv84

Thanks for the replies. Just going over this stuff in my head as I sort out the rest of the build. Good to know I have one less thing to deal with. Hopefully now that I'm employed again and have a new ecu, I will get to drive my Z again in the near future. It gets kinda irritating when you've got over $10k of project in the garage and can't find the $500 to finish and enjoy it...

Sorry to say but 10k is a lot

$10K for a nice RB25 powered Z build is not a lot in my opinion. I probally had around 6k in my 280z but that thing was a beater aside from the engine. My new build should ring in at about $10k. But the Z was bought with an insurance settlement I recieved so I won't really feel it.