HybridZ

garret gt3076-anybody using 1

it appears that my old turbo(60-1 ,t3 stage 5 turbine ) some how has a problem building boost.i suspect a problem from 5 or 6 exhaust backfires runing my last efi system.any way i want a car that has about 350-400 rwhp with good mid range driveability.not a dyno queen.something that i look forward to driving.in my old age i realize that turbos are like camshafts-bigger is not always better.my engine app-l28et stroked and bored to 2960cc.isky turbo cam on ported n42 head .vipec v44 efi with 440cc injectors

Edited by randy 77zt

3076r is a nice turbo, ran beautifully on my friends rb25det. Spools quick yet provides great top end, if I didn't get a deal on my 60-1 I was going to get the 3076.

I'm assuming you are running an L28? should even spool quicker than I'm used to seeing with the RB.

• 1 month later...

for your power wants, the gt30r would work but you mite have to up your injectors to 720cc to make that power. what ecu are you using to control your fuel? are you using standalone or are you just piggybacking with a neo or something?

Odd how I have made 334whp/384wtq on 440cc injectors. Personally witnessed 417whp on 440cc injectors.

I believe that you might want to consider using the .82 AR turbine housing if you go with the 3076.

It looks to be the equivalent flow of the GT30r's /63 housing.

You may want to consider rebuilding w/a 50 trim compressor section. That seems to work VERY well - even better for street and track than 60-1 according to at least one person here.