HybridZ

LS1 Oil Pressure sending unit

Hey all

Please see the attached pictures. I am running the Sanderson shorty headers and as a result cannot use the JCI oil pressure sending conversion stuff included in John's kit that would mount the sender on the lower driver side on top of the oil filter assembly.

Some have stated that they have instead mounted their Datsun oil pressure sending unit in place of the LS1 oil pressure sender on the top rear of the LS1 motor on the driver side (see pic)

I bought the adapter (pictured) but there's no way to install the Datsun Oil Pressure switch there without putting another adapter on it with a 45 degree or 90 degree turn on it (I have yet to find one)

Would like to hear some feedback on how others have done this... Maybe my intake manifold is slightly different? ect

Another side question - has anyone tried to use the LS1 oil pressure sensor to drive the Datsun oil pressure gauge?

post-154-072675000 1279807406_thumb.jpg

post-154-088090500 1279807407_thumb.jpg

post-154-051187100 1279807409_thumb.jpg

post-154-093718200 1279807411_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjones

You'll have to install a 90 degree brass elbow along with an inch or so of brass tube, then the Datsun sender.

My local hardware store had everything except the Datsun/LSx adapter which you already have anyway.

Take care and good luck!!

• 6 months later...

Sorry, I didn't explain my question well. What are the thread pitch/size on the oil pressure sender adapter in the JCI kit, and what are the thread pitch on the Datsun oil pressure sender? I bought some 1/8 NPT brass tubing at Lowes and the threads start fine, but I'm afraid to torque down on it until I know that those are the correct threads. I hate trashing threaded assemblies - any help out there?