HybridZ

hood pins

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

has anyone here used hood pins on their project instead of switching those little plate things as suggested in the JTR manual? i dont know id think it would be easier it would seem to go with the hood pins.

Yes, I've gone with Sparco hood pins on my car. Simply replaced th erubber bumpers with them and it's good to go. These are aluminum units and "self contained" so they shouldn't get loststolen and won't rust. However they provide ZERO security. They weren't super cheap but they also weren't a million bux. I may have a pic of them on my site, if not I can certainly take one. The color went well wiht the rest of my car and they come in several other colors as well (anodized).

Guest Anonymous

I've got locking pins on mine. They have a stainless scuff plate around a barrel type lock (like alarms use), works ok except you have to walk around and unlock them separately *shrug*. icon_smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

• 8 months later...

Lone,

I also went with the locking (Mr Gasket brand) hood pins. I'm looking at your pics on your web site and thats where I too would put them. Problem is it seems like after measuring that if I put them there where the bumper stop is, there would no be enough space. In other words it seems like this spot is too high. Did you use mr gasket brand and how... the way mine look with the thickness of the bolt head and the locking mechanism the hood would not lock tight. I didn't drill anything yet.. still in the staring at stage

Thanks, bob

• 2 years later...