HybridZ

finally got the body kit on

scottyMIz

ya i was in a hurry i liked it so much :D I still have to fix some places on it like you said but it still looks good i think.I'm gonna sand it down when i get it ready to paint the original color.But i wanted it to look ok just in case i don't have the time and money this year.I appreciate all your help jeff smile.gif

Guest TreeCutter260z

How does it fit? I am thinking of one on my late 260? Is it strictly bolt on? Whats the quality of it. Did u order it from MSA? Hoew much? I hate my bumpers.

matt

Geeze! Everyone trying to make their cars look like mine. Looks like I'm going to have try something else to be more unique cry2.gif

Looks good Scotty

Anyone used this body kit along with flares? Any ideas on how you could make it look right? I really want to do flares in the back of my `72, but not sure it will look right.

Treecutter (Matt),

In response to your questions...

1) The quality is somewhat high, however, the cutting of the edges of the rear cover is a little flaky on my particular skirt...they are fibreglass, not urethane.

2) They're easy to put on. You just take off your lower valance on the front (and, of course the front and rear bumpers and supports - the front bumper is easy to remove. You will probably cuss some on the rear. You MUST lower the fuel tank. You don't have to completely remove it, I'd recommend you running your car almost completely empty before attempting this unless you have a lift and a tranny jack)

Once the bumpers and supports are off, you just drill a couple of holes in the front kit and use the factory bolts to put them in the same spot as the lower valance (you'll see what I mean when you get it, they also include directions). The rear is easier. Just use some sheet metal screws to attach it on the outer ends and some 3M tape to attach it in the middle (or whatever you prefer)

You can get them from MSA. They're $189 each for the front and rear.

IF your car is lowered as much as mine is, be prepared to learn all new routes. Routes that avoid such hazards as potholes, bumps, speedbumpers confused2.gif

However, for the first time I pulled up to a stop light and got a thumbs up from a domestic owner today. 2thumbs.gif

Thanks Scotty,

I have headlight covers, but the mounting system is missing a couple of pieces, which I think I can figure out other pieces to use.

I was thinking of, since they're scratched and faded anyway, of just painting them black and seeing how it looks (for show only, of course).

I'm definitely looking forward to getting the turbo engine installed and running!

maybe you should just paint them the same color as the car(like in the msa catalog)I think it would look nice for day driving and shows.If everything goes well i'll have mine soon this car is taking alot more money than i thought!But i guess it'll all be worth it in the end.

Thanks!! I'm pleased with the way the car looks now. I wish I could get my spoiler back so that I could put it on to complete the kit, however, I can't complain with the way it looks without it.

Once I get the interior done and get the engine dropped in and tuned halfway decent that's it. I'm done. No more. I've learned with my DSM's that messing with a car too much takes all of the fun out of it.

Start the key up, drive, and have fun. That's the essense of owning a true sports car.

Originally posted by Tony Fruzza:

Geeze! Everyone trying to make their cars look like mine. Looks like I'm going to have try something else to be more unique cry2.gif

Looks good Scotty

Anyone used this body kit along with flares? Any ideas on how you could make it look right? I really want to do flares in the back of my `72, but not sure it will look right.

Not me :D

Scotty, Bill, Tony Your cars looks great. My car feels naked without a body kit.

Bill, don't put the rear spoiler. I think it looks cool the way it is. It may look like a ricer with the wing, but then it may not. I still think you should leave it out. Looks mean the way it is.

Yeah, feel free to come by anytime.

Hopefully by that time I will have the interior redone (I'm trying to locate a black interior - if you know anybody who has a black interior from a 77 that they're willing to sell lemme know!!) and have the engine installed, tuned, and running.

I'm always up for meeting other Z owners!!

There's not too many around my neighborhood if you know what I mean! smile.gif

Fortunately, except for the time I'm at work, the car is garaged, and sometimes my wife drops me off at work so it stays in the garage then, too...