HybridZ

Locking quick release steering wheel

B00STDZ

As long as you have the NRG or equivalent quick release set up, that just goes over the stub that's left when you disconnect your steering so that some other joe schmoe can't come along and hook up their steering wheel and drive off with your car.

Me and my friends used to play pranks on each other all the time since 3 or 4 of us had quick release set ups. We'd either switch our steering wheels into someone elses car or completely hide the steering wheel somewhere lol.

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

Well what the deal is you have to use the quick release to use a SPARCO, MOMO, or NRG steering wheel.

Right now im eyeing a black leather sparco steering wheel for my car, but i would have to buy the NRG short hub and NRG quick release.

This is a better idea... the lock is built into the quick release system and prevents people from taking your wheel at shows or such if you leave it on the car, plus it has a unique pattern for locking on, so guys with another setup can't hook up their wheels to it. Tekniq also has some nice wheels as well.

I've had the snap off street version and loved it... unique, protected my pricey wheel when it was on the car and also no one could hook their wheel up to it.

http://www.tekniqauto.com/US/steeringquickrelease.htm

The race version is awesome for super quick release as well.