HybridZ

370Z Vs 370 Ford

Rolling Parts

They may be very close to drive, and I'm not arguing against the price differential, but the mustang is 6% heavier (3450 vs 3250) with 10% less power (300 vs 330), and has less rubber on the road (225/225 vs 225/245 for the base: 255/255 vs 245/275 for the ``whizz bang''). At least on paper there seems to be quite a difference.

Whether its something you or I would notice around town, or even on the track is debatable, but I'd definitely notice 7K from my bank account. :)

Take it to a track and tell us how it goes.

Dave

Edited by thehelix112

Well i have not driven the new Mustang but i do own a 10' 370z. I don't think i would get the same enjoyment out of the mustang. Unless you are into drag racing, which neither are suited for, The Z is the hansd down winner. i live in socal and regularly drive my Z up palamar mt and ortega highway and the Z is solid, amazing amounts of grip for a stock car. It tells you when you are getting close to the limit. and in the vlsd, 275 rear tires, and the revsync these car can be pushed i don't think it would be nearly as fun with the solid rearend of the Ford.

Well i have not driven the new Mustang but i do own a 10' 370z. I don't think i would get the same enjoyment out of the mustang. Unless you are into drag racing, which neither are suited for, The Z is the hansd down winner. i live in socal and regularly drive my Z up palamar mt and ortega highway and the Z is solid, amazing amounts of grip for a stock car. It tells you when you are getting close to the limit. and in the vlsd, 275 rear tires, and the revsync these car can be pushed i don't think it would be nearly as fun with the solid rearend of the Ford.

Mt. Palomar road is awesome!

...It tells you when you are getting close to the limit. and in the vlsd, 275 rear tires, and the revsync these car can be pushed i don't think it would be nearly as fun with the solid rearend of the Ford.

Well, driving at the limits is "fun"; so is being able to control the car.

Sometimes driving an unrefined car (A Mustang, an MG, a kit car, a 240Z) can make you smile just as big as driving an expensive/refined car.

Sure the systems in a 370Z are highly refined, engineered, tested, perfect, BUT sometimes it's great to smell fuel, have trouble unreeling the seat belts, having a dead mechanical clock in the dash and clunk sounds in the drive line.