HybridZ

77 280 falling on its face after pressing throttle

Ok I need some help as I am losing hair quickly on this basically stock 77. I may leave something out, as I have done allot, but will try to include as much detail as possible.

Car was running fine 8 hours earlier, came out starts just fine until I touch the gas and it stalled out. since then I have done the following.

1. Checked timing

2. Checked vacuum

3. Tested TPS (found dirty connectors but are now clean and reporting correct per FSM page ef-22

4. Easy from zcar suggested the AFM finger test and found that if I controll the weight from AFM car runs also is I slowly and throttle car will rev all the way up

5. Fuel pressure test is good

6. Working through stalling steps on FSM page ef-21 only thing I really found odd is at pin one only showing 8.1 volts

I am not sure what else to do at this point. Going to get a coil in the morning to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuel pressure is a consitant 36 PSI? I installed a permenant gauge in my 78 fuel line after the fuel filter. Mine did the same thing as your describing. I still haven't got it fixed yet but I know that is one problem.

Also check the plug for the tempature sensor. The 78 has the two prong. Not sure what the 77 is. Mine was bad as well. I would work through the harness test outlined in the FSM. It is very easy and informative.

So this is a cold start symptom only or just when you first start it? How is it once warmed up?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I need some help as I am losing hair quickly on this basically stock 77. I may leave something out, as I have done allot, but will try to include as much detail as possible.

Car was running fine 8 hours earlier, came out starts just fine until I touch the gas and it stalled out. since then I have done the following.

1. Checked timing

2. Checked vacuum

3. Tested TPS (found dirty connectors but are now clean and reporting correct per FSM page ef-22

4. Easy from zcar suggested the AFM finger test and found that if I controll the weight from AFM car runs also is I slowly and throttle car will rev all the way up

5. Fuel pressure test is good

6. Working through stalling steps on FSM page ef-21 only thing I really found odd is at pin one only showing 8.1 volts

I am not sure what else to do at this point. Going to get a coil in the morning to see.

The coil in 280's were not 12v they only work from 6-8v through the stock ecu.

Get some Mass air flow sesor cleaner from your autoparts store. Spray the inside of the maf, let dry for 2-3 min start it see how it runs