HybridZ

Marsh Racing Technologies Wheels?

I have been looking around the circle track community to find a set of 15x10" wheels on the cheap. Of course everyone is familiar with Diamond Racing and I understand that many members here have had positive experiences with their products and that is what I have been leaning towards so far. However, I found a company named Marsh Racing Technologies and I am looking for any input or information about them? Any experiences with the company? The 'lightweight ultra star racing wheels' look pretty good, and at a price of $85 bucks with a 4x114 bolt pattern, it seems like a deal. 21 lbs for the 15x10 version which I believe is similar to Diamond racing. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to their wheel selection.

http://www.mrt-wheels.com/Racing%20Wheels.html

Just added them to my list... To bad you cant get a different rim pattern but for 15x10 thats not bad at all.

Yeah I'm partial to Diamond Racing's D-Window pattern compared to MRT'S design. The grey might take some getting used to, but I can get used to the price!

DRW's prices are about 1/2 of what they actually charge you. They just haven't updated their website pricing... ever.

I tried another supplier for my first set of circle track wheels about 10 years ago. I bought wheels from Paulsen, and they were just HEAVY. So be careful that you don't get some extra rotating weight to save a bit of cash.

DRW's prices are about 1/2 of what they actually charge you. They just haven't updated their website pricing... ever.

I tried another supplier for my first set of circle track wheels about 10 years ago. I bought wheels from Paulsen, and they were just HEAVY. So be careful that you don't get some extra rotating weight to save a bit of cash.

I did not know that Diamond was more expensive than their website, that's unfortunate.

I understand the issue with the extra weight and that certainly is a dilemma for me. However in my circumstance, sometimes building a car for performance also means picking the best 'band for your buck' performance rather than just what would be the ultimate choice given all the options. For the sake of discussion, any idea on the weight differences between a 15x8 DRW and a 15x10?

Painting or powdercoating would certainly be a reasonable option for the MRT wheels if the grey doesn't float the boat. Even the extra cost involved with powdercoating still balances in favor of the MRT wheels if DRW selection really is more than their posted info.

There 17" wheels are 40lbs a piece. That's crazy.

I guess you still get to make your own offsets/backspacing so that's nice for what you are paying for.

Not a bad alternative to custom wheels if you don't mind the weight.

-Lindsey

Well that info about DRW just sealed the deal. I'll be going with the marsh 15x10's for the rear and 15x8's for the middle and oh wait only 4 wheels on a car :lol:

Let me know what you think once you get them. I'll be ordering a set from MRT or DRW in the next few weeks. Diamond quoted me 114 a wheel in 15x10 with 4.5"bs 4x114. D window procomp or whatever their .095 wall lighter 20lb wheel is. So it looks like MRT is certainly cheaper