HybridZ

Need Help with DIY Rollbar

Guest Willieboy240z

Guest Willieboy240z

I bought a S&W Racing Roll cage. Now, I have decided just to use the roll bar "loop" or "hoop" instead of doing the whole thing.

The hoop goes from the floor in the rear inside the seat belt "cans" up to the roof. As I am concerned this will impede my legroom especially with custom seats, I want to chop off a foot or two of the hoop legs and mount it higher in the car.

Need some photos of rollbars and other options to get started. Since I live in the Outback, I have no other Zs to check out. My welder is eager to finish stuff up, so I need help on this fast.

Anything you can supply -- advice, pix, etc is appreciated. coollook.gif

I will take some pics of how I had my S&W bar installed if it sounds interesting to you or anyone.

I had the installer remove a section the hoop in the middle and weld it back together so that it sits up on the raised floor just ahead of the bulkhead for the package shelf/hatch floor. It sits fully between the inner wheelhouses. I'm sure this isn't NHRA or SCCA legal, but it was the easiest way I could see to gaurantee that I could move the seat (Corbeau A4) back far enough for my long legs.