HybridZ

Will a 73 pedal assembly fit in my 72

There are a couple of 73 240's (or maybe they are 260's but anyway) at the wrecking yard and I noticed that one has the dash out already. I need to convert my 72 240 to a manual and need a pedal assembly. I noticed the 73 had an extra mounting bolt on the main bracket and 2 less bolt holes where the steering column would bolt on. My question is can I "make" it work or do I have to have an early pedal assembly. Yes I searched, no I didnt find the answer. Thanks in advance, Chris.

Chris,

I think the only issue is the MC booster studs spacing. The earlier 70-72 used the smaller booster unit and the spacing between the clutch and brake MC booster was narrower then the later years using the bigger booster-thus the clutch rod won't line up with the pedal. I learned this the hard way and have a excellent pedal box for a 73 on up that I can't use now. So it depends what your chassis was set up for-bigger or smaller booster.