HybridZ

240z front grill

Hi guys I just wanted to throw out an idea that I had to day when taking off my front grill maybe someone has already tried it. The chrome strips that are on the grill are just put on with adhesive and it looks really similar to the door edge chrome trim that they sell at like pepboys and autozone. Tomorrow im going to go see if they have strips that are of similar thickness and then replace it on the grill.

This is what im talking about: http://www.brandsport.com/trmg-2105-c.html

I will be sure to post before and after pics.

the grill has chrome? huh... mine doesn't...

No chrome on mine, heck, its just zip tied on too.

Got some edge trim from pepboys for 10 dolars 18 feet but that still isnt enough i think i need like 7 more feet to finish the last 2 strips of the grill. here are some before and after. First pic of the grill has the old chrome stuff off of it and laying below it looks like it didnt need to be replaced in the picture but in person its nasty.

post-10882-011465400 1282163444_thumb.jpg

post-10882-016924800 1282163474_thumb.jpg

post-10882-096041400 1282163503_thumb.jpg

Yea I have been looking all over for others with the chrome and I guess a past owner did do it, never really paid close enough attention to grills till I got mine I just thought it was originaly there from factory haha guess not well it looks good to me good luck to anyone else that wants to do it too.