HybridZ

Had a HUGE (36") HybridZ.org vinyl made for me.

ModernS30

Well, I hope I don't ruffle any feathers, I have a buddy that has a vinyl cutter. I had him make me a HybridZ.org Vinyl that stretches the entire back window of the Z across the top. I wanted to get more people attracted to the site that has made my entire car possible. From all the knowledge I have gained from this site and all the help it has given me. Whether that it was somebody helping me with an issue I was having, or a part that I have found here. I want to get more people attracted to what we have going on and just how great of a site this is. I figured I would post up and show you guys what it is. Its not on the car yet but that is because I haven't decided which hatch I am actually going to use yet. Once again, I just want to thank Everybody that has helped me out, especially the Admins/Mods and most importantly, SuperDan, for providing the site and everybody who has donated to help keep such a great site running.

Sorry the picture is kinda poor, I had to put it on the window to see it through the masking.

hybridzorgvinyl.jpg

well, I think I might do the same but it'll have to go down on the bottom of the back hatch because I currently have a large tirerack banner on the front of mine :\

Great Idea, I wondered why nobody from hybridz had made a bigger sticker than 12" before, so kudos to you!

well, I think I might do the same but it'll have to go down on the bottom of the back hatch because I currently have a large tirerack banner on the front of mine :\

Great Idea, I wondered why nobody from hybridz had made a bigger sticker than 12" before, so kudos to you!

Thanks! It is actually going on the hatch. Another reason I wanted it is so people know why some jackass passed them going way to fast driving like an idiot! (totally JK, racing is for the track, not the street!)

I would love to have one for the same location the tirerack is on FlatBlack's car :)

The problem with them on the front is you have to cut the application paper and put the curve in in manually so that it will look right. Basically a slit between each letter then curve it as you apply and just make sure you use soapy water so you can move it at will till it is where you want it.

EDIT: with Dans permission I may be able to have a few made if people are wanting them after I put them on there. I can't just go and do it without him saying I can, I don't want to ruffle feathers like I said. Plus I would like Ron's permission since he already has some Vinyls for sale.

Edited by ModernS30

The necessity of their blessing goes without saying in my mind!

Perhaps a portion of sales shall go as a donation to the server?

That could be possible. I will talk to my buddy and see what Dan and Ron think about it.

Kinser

Hey guys, I have been approved to make these so I guess I will start a new thread in the Group Buy or something so we can find out how many people want them. I will have to talk to my vinyl maker to see what the pricing is going to be and how they are going to be mailed, being so large. He has experience shipping large vinyls for race cars so it shouldn't be an issue.

Kinser

Count me in! :D

Ok, I am currently working out shipping so that the products are safe and don't get damaged. Larger vinyls are a bit harder than those smaller ones. I think we know how it is going to be mailed. Its not just figuring out how much and if there is a way to do it flat rate to make this much easier!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys. I think I can do these for like $45 shipped. 50% of the proceeds will be donated to HybridZ.org They will be made to order so if you would like one you will have to allow me some time to have it cut. My Z is orange because that is what he had. If you would like red or a different color let me know and I will work it out with Adam. If you are interested send me a PM and we will work it out. I don't really need a minimum number of people so if only one person wants one I can make one for one person. I don't have a problem with that. Just let me know. :P

Kinser

hugevinyl.jpg

Edited by ModernS30

Did you ever get the curvature right for the windshield?

To put them on a windshield you have to make cuts in between each of the letters and curve them yourself as you put it on to where you like it. I would recommend soapy water with a scraper and a hair dryer, as well as a needle. Basically. Clean the glass really well with something that isn't going to leave a residue. Then spray it down with the soapy water to get the vinyl floating. Get the letters where you want them and press the water out from under them. Use the hair dryer to make sure you get it all dry and pop any of the bubbles with a needle and flatten them out. :D