HybridZ

No Transient Mixture!

Car - 75 w/L28ET Stock EFI Stock Injectors

EFI/Engine Mods: No cold start fuel or vacuum control. EFI has been stripped to it's basics. Don't have O2 hooked up. Just AFM, Head Temp Sensor, Dizzy,TPS, and Knock sensor.

Background. Car had run fine for years, minus massive exhaust leak that turned out to be the head gasket. I daily drove this car for almost a year.

I swapped the head recently, and it ran like crap. Found out that the Cylinder Head Temp Sensor was bad by switching it out from another car and it ran fine, but I needed that sensor for that car. :-D So I just went out and bought a new head temp sensor, and it's not running right.... I've redone the TPS wiring, but I'm 90% positive I got that right.

So right now I've got no throttle control, and it's so bad that driving is extremely difficult (have to feather the throttle to get going and once you do you're either accelerating or coasting).

Is there multiple variants of this sensor with different curves/values? The one I got the guy said that it said "canadian" but neither of us knew if there was a canadian model of the Z car back in 82', so he figured that where it was made.... Could it be the wrong sensor?

But I really doubt it's the sensor, because I switched it back out with the once I used before and it ran exactly the same...

I know it's running lean on transient too, because if I just crack open the throttle and then open the AFM to richen the mixture then the engine will rev all the way up to 6k+ at just a crack of the throttle. So it's massively lean at low/mid throttle positions.

Also, I loosened the AFM to richen the mixutre, and it didn't see to make a difference.

Edited by Gollum