HybridZ

T-5 bellhousing measurement,(height) needed.

Bob_H

I'm trying to find the height of a T-5 bellhousing - anyone? I'm working on a different transmission,(G-force G5r), to my RB26. My bellhousing adapter I have is to adapt the RB to a TH400. However, its about 5 1/2" tall. The input shaft on the G5r right now was designed for a L28 with the T-5 bellhousing an an adapter,(that is about .75"). So I'm fairly certain I can make this work with the two of them - but I need to know the height of a T5 bellhousing,(or the first gen 5 speeds, type A and B).

If you have it attached to the transmission - it would be the measurement to the back of the bellhousing, not the flat part inside the bellhousing,(not that there is much flat areas!).

Thanks - any help is greatly appreciated.

Yea, reading this again it isn't very clear.

Lemme try to fix that.

T-5 bellhousing measurement - I need it. It should be somewhere in the 5-7" range.

Ok, the explanation as to why I need/want it.

I have a G-Force G5R 5 speed transmission. Rated for 1300+hp/etc.. It was previously setup on a turbo L6 using the T5 bellhousing and an adapter plate,(btw the bellhousing and trans).

I want to run it behind my RB26. I have a custom bellhousing that fits the RB26 but is designed for the old school chevy 3 and 4 speeds/TH400.

I could make it work if I bought a new/shorter input shaft but would rather not. If I know how tall the T5 bellhousing is, I can work the existing adapter I have to ensure its the right overall length.

I don't think a Chevy bellhousing is the same height but don't know.

Edited by Bob_H

Are you asking for the measurement from the front of the bellhousing (engine plate side to the face that bolts to the transmission itself?

If so I would say that you would be looking for the length the bellhousing adds to the overall length of the tranny and not the width...

I have a T5 ffrom my '83 ZXT in the garage, but I have no idea from your request what you want...

Edited by Brad-ManQ45

Gosh guys - didn't realize I was doing such a poor job - lemme see. But not sure where you got width from,(only said height and length interchangeably)

I need the bellhousing length/height/whatever. From the back of the engine to where it mounts to the transmission. How much it adds overall. I should be somewhere between 5" and 7".

If the bellhousing is removed from the engine - and you set it on the ground face down,(large opening on the ground), and measured up to the top - that's what I need.

Edited by Bob_H