HybridZ

MSA 240z Rear Sway Bar

I purchaced a set of sway bars from MSA. It comes with instruction and all but i really don't see how the rear sway bar will be mounted. Does anyone here have a picture of it mounted already? I also have 300zx CV's and R200, i don't know if it makes a differance? Thanks

Edited by Jonas240z

I purchaced a set of sway bars from MSA. It comes with instruction and all but i really don't see how the rear sway bar will be mounted. Does anyone here have a picture of it mounted already? I also have 300zx CV's and R200, i don't know if it makes a differance? Thanks

I ran one with the R200, but not with CV's. No pictures, but basically you have to drill holes on either side of the frame rail in the back and then install the brackets through the floor. Don't overtighten the bolts because you can crush the frame rail. On my lowered car I had issues with the bar hitting the frame and the end link lengths as well. I would suggest if you're not married to that one you check out the Suspension Techniques rear bar. It really is a better design IMO and it's much easier to get at the driveshaft bolts with the ST bar.

Edited by JMortensen

Thanks for the info, i really wish someone has a picture available. I also have an old swaybar that goes behind the diff cover. The only thing is that the bushings are crap now. I don't know what brand or kind that bar is, so i don't know where to get those bushings. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the info, i really wish someone has a picture available. I also have an old swaybar that goes behind the diff cover. The only thing is that the bushings are crap now. I don't know what brand or kind that bar is, so i don't know where to get those bushings. Thanks for the help.

Where in OC are you? You can come look at my bar... I don't think mine is an MSA bar... I bought mine from TMC... Now is a good opportunity to use my snazzy ramps that I built to get the back end of the car up without jacks

Edited by 240Z_Master