HybridZ

Fairlady Z Bumper Question

I haven't come across the answer yet, maybe it's in here somewhere. Anyway I was curious, seeing as the early 260Zs got slightly enlarged bumpers that then had the extra holes in the back so the bumper shocks could be mounted, I was wondering did the JDM Fairlady Zs have these slightly enlarged rear/front bumpers and shocks or did they just maintain the early 240Z body hugging bumpers that did nothing more than serve as trim pieces? I can't find any pictures of a JDM 260Z or at least a good enough picture to determine if it had the bumper shock holes for the rear bumper. Anyone know that answer to that one?

Just something I was curious about.

You wont find Fairlady 260Z Photos because they were all recalled, and the L26's replaced with L20A's and the VINs restamped to plain "S30" from "RS30"...

The Fairlady stayed true to the original concept of the Z from start to end of the run in 1977. They added what they had to for emissions, but the lines stayed the same.

NON-US specification 260Z's DID NOT get the reinforcements like North America, they too had the same bumpers as a Fairlady.

When the ZX came out, the JDM and US specification cars had the same shock-mounted bumpers, but the Eurospec cars had lookalike shells with light sheetmetal behind them to hold the shape of the plastic cover, no door beams, and no bumper shocks. They are the lightest pieces to be had if you have a ZX and want to pare it down. The JDM cars didn't have the door beams, but they didn't have mirrors on the doors like the Eurospec cars did...

My fountian of useless knowledge pukes forth another gout of thickly congealed Z-Related Mucus....

My fountian of useless knowledge pukes forth another gout of thickly congealed Z-Related Mucus....

You should really get that looked at, or at least wash it out with some hydrogen peroxide.

:)

On a serious note: about a year ago, while I was on deployment, I must've had an ingrown hair from shaving and it did that, that whole side of my face swelled up and I had to drain it.