HybridZ

no start and what are these connctors? please help!

jturbo06

new to forum i just bought my first 280zx for 400 its a 81 turbo auto, 2 things the car doesnt start theres no spark at the coil but theres voltage, the bracket thingy with the wires i cant remember what its called is new, good grounds i added 2 new ones 1 to the block and one to the body, coils new and ecu is good injectors fire and green led on ecu os wtf? anyho i also have 3 connectors under the steering wheel loose heres some pics someone please help my fiance wont stop complaining at me for buying another car that doesnt run!!!

post-13283-093796800 1284854958_thumb.jpeg

post-13283-048910600 1284854977_thumb.jpeg

post-13283-092721200 1284855005_thumb.jpeg

That thingy you're talking about is the igniter that is part of the coil bracket mount? I' not as familiar with the '81 ZXT's.

I don't think those loose wires under the steering column are the cause of no spark.

It's possible that the igniter isn't hooked up to the coil correctly. If the ECU is firing the injectors it's likely that something weird is going on with the igniter.

I believe you can check if spark is possible by disconnecting the ground on the negative side of the coil while it's powered up with key ON, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Good luck!

how did you determine you have no spark? do you have fuel pressure? you need to describe what you have diagnosed in order to get a reasonable answer otherwise all you get is flamed. pictures of wires are really of little value. download the fsm from xenon. look at the schematic and find the wires by color you have questions on and you too will know the answer.