HybridZ

LOL did a track day.....

josh817

Hah so I'm going to Eagles Canyon Raceway tomorrow. I signed up for it earlier today and the lady told me no Z guys signed up for the event and no members are coming out either so its like... I'm there all by my lonesome unless if someone decides to show up or if the track owner brings out one of her Ferrari's or Vettes.

Trying to decide what RPM I should bring it up to. I only have 40mm DCOE's, no fancy front damper, and a Schneider "stage 4" cam grind so I think I'll keep it around 6000-6500. I went for a test drive tonight and the when shifting at high RPM's (6500-7000) the tranny kinda grinds slightly, like a cherp, but still shifts. Its a '77 tranny where 4th and 5th are close together, don't know if that tranny has **** synchros or something. I need to be able to drive the car an hour back home at least so... ;)

Anyway wish me luck, I'll take some video and post a lap or two if I'm all by myself.

Edited by josh817

Note to business owners: When having an event, be sure to answer your phones in the morning. This way people like Josh can call before they make the hour and a half drive there, to see if the event is still on.

I get there and the dude is like uhhh she'll give you a rain check for tomorrow when its nice out. Which I don't think is a bad idea, just annoyed that I found that out when I got there.

Where the hell is everyone else? I thought other people would take advantage of the track time rather then a dyno. :(

Well, its tomorrow. Maybe they'll still let people come. Apparently there are 3 members signed up for tomorrow. I wonder what they're driving. :blink:

Hahahahahaha I'm dumb.

It was fun and it seemed like I was going quick but I was probably as boring to watch as a formula vee... :D

$50 tires and brakes that are who knows how old don't work. Tires felt like I was driving on ice when trying to corner quickly and the brakes had faded and were gone completely (to the floor completely) by 25 minutes. I pulled in, we had lunch, looked at brakes. Both rotors are chewed but the right one is really funky. The drums I don't even want to know. Motor ran fine, no knocks, high water temp., or low oil pressure.

I didn't go back out after that so I mingled with one of the members and he gave me a ride in his car. His Evo wasn't like... stupendously quicker than the Z in the straights but he braked wayyyy later and went so much faster through the turns. Drove back to Keller gingerly with soggy brakes. Its ok though, I have new brakes ready to go on. I'm "excited" to see what sort of torture these stock ones endured. I'll have video later. Its boring though. Looks like I'm going slower then a fart, because I am. Top speed was like 120mph, says the sketchy speedometer.

Oh yah and the best part is when I went to tell the track owner bye and thanks for having me she said she'd write my name down and let me come back to another members day since I didn't get much time in today.

Edited by josh817