HybridZ

any one need a fiberglass front end for a 240?

nullbound

I'm interested in contacting them also. And, i emailed showcars-bodyparts.com about their fiberglass front end, along with just basic stand alone L/R fenders, hood, and headlight buckets, for pricing; plus pictures of some of their flare kits, and i got no response. Anybody have stuff from them and know prices?

Also, the JC Whitney website said the front end was for 70-74 240z, would that fit my 77 280z? i didn't think there was that much difference, but i'm not positive.

Thanks.

Hi, ALL

Perhaps it would be useful to add a link to reference page for those of you interested in this topic. Last year I published a page devoted to the topic of one piece front ends for Z cars, past and present. Included are several photos and brief text notes contributed by myself and others.

The direct link is http://www.zparts.com/showcase/bodykits/S301pc_front/tiltfrt_sample.htm

Guest Anonymous

They told me if I bought 2 they would only charge shipping for 1, maybe I'll try talking them down. Even at $400 it is worth it not to try and build one myself,doubt seriously I could build it any cheaper. My only dislike is the fact that the hood is connected to the fenders, sure would make it easier if it came off by itself.

Guest zphreek

one thing about it is that you can see how they just welded all the metal body panels together and then made a mold from it. so everywhere that there is a seam on a stock body there is a line on the fiberglass. thus if you want to seperate the hood it is just a matter of cutting along the lines.